The real estate business may seem like a recent development in human history but it has been going on in so many countries for so many years that it is hard to pinpoint an exact location of origin. After people stopped being hunter gatherers and began living together and forming societies, the importance of land came to play. The boundaries and definitions of personal, agricultural and commercial land became more and more prevalent as time went by and the value of land increased over the years. Gradually land trading became a prolific business and an employment opportunity for millions around the world.
That being said, a career in the real estate industry can be highly rewarding for several reasons.
- Zero limit to Growth: In ideal conditions, the growth rate of real estate business is infinite. This is because the growth of a real estate firm or business depends directly on the person doing it. The better the businessman, better the business. So it is solely dependent on the talent of the businessman to run the firm/company and how he runs it determines the success of the same.
- Freedom: Usually most jobs have a hierarchical set up in their offices. However this is more or less absent in the real estate business. Here you are your own boss, and therefore offers more freedom of expression for the businessman. This is especially helpful for people who work best without oversight.
- Competitive salaries: Since real estate professionals earn whatever they sell, they do not have limits on their income. This motivates people to work hard and strive for excellence.
- Fast Paced: This is an industry that takes hard work to survive. If you are unable to sell, you do not make money. This may feel like work pressure for some, but to some others it is exciting and thrilling, because once you do sell, the return on investment is very high.
- A Social Job: People in the real estate business need to have strong ties and relationships with other people since the business deals with selling land to people. So it is very important to keep in touch with everyone and have a good image, even if constant relationship stimulation is not possible.
- Unaffected by Recession: However bad the economic situation is, however down the economy is, how much ever unemployment there is, the need and demand for land never ceases and therefore, people depending on real estate businesses need not fear economic recession.
- Exciting Work Life: Even though office work is sometimes required, most of the work for people in this department is usually outside of offices. Visiting properties is part of work and offers a different feel to working at the same place for long periods of time.